About Electronic Health Records
A New Approach to Better Manage Your Health
At Our Lady of the Lake Physician Group, you’ll be connected to the things you need to live a long and healthy life — like our new Electronic Health Record system provided by Epic, a top rated EHR software.
This leading edge technology puts us at the forefront of healthcare delivery. And you reap the benefits.
What is an electronic health record (EHR)?
- Electronic charts created and accessed through the computer
- Your health information at providers’ fingertips
- Enhanced care by allowing better communication among multiple providers
How does EHR work?
- Computers — instead of paper charts — are used to securely store your health record.
- Your health information is instantly available, right in the exam rooms, to doctors and specialists at any of our medical centers and other healthcare community partners.
- Your personal information is protected by safeguards to ensure only the appropriate people have access to just the information they need to provide your care.
- Your secure health record is connected to functions like requesting and reviewing appointments and billing.
What are the benefits of EHR?
- Personalized care and real time decision making
- Faster prescriptions
- Quick and convenient test results
- Secure and fully protected privacy
- Access to MyChart, an online patient portal
How will EHR benefit you specifically?
- You’ll receive personalized care based on your medical history.
- You can get prescriptions, lab and X-ray results and referrals faster.
- You can form a stronger partnership with your doctor, reviewing information like test results and treatment plans together during your visits.
- Drug allergies, abnormal test results and treatment conflicts will be flagged by the system.
- The privacy of your health information will be fully protected.