Cardiovascular Treatments and Conditions
Our cardiologists have access to Our Lady of the Lake’s state-of-the-art technology and services to treat a wide variety of cardiovascular conditions. For example, we are a Cycle IV Chest Pain Accreditation hospital – the highest level achievable – which means the most advanced quality care for heart attacks in the region is available here. For patients with conditions that require surgical treatment, our Hybrid Operating Room allows patients to have more than one heart procedure completed in the same surgical setting if needed. This can reduce return trips to the hospital and time away from work and family.
Our Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Center is also available to help patients recover faster following a heart event and return more quickly to a full and productive life.
Cardiovascular treatment offered at Our Lady of the Lake Heart & Vascular Institute includes the following:
- Heart Attack: Coronary Artery Disease
- Coronary Artery Bypass
- Coronary Angioplasty/Stent (PTCA)
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Heart Arrhythmia (Atrial Fibrillation)
- Vascular Disease
- Vascular Angiography/Stent
- Endoscopic Vein Harvesting
- Uses special instruments and video equipment to remove the saphenous vein using minimally invasive techniques providing better outcomes for patients and faster recovery.
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Congenital Heart Defects