Lake Men’s Health Services
Types of Visits
There will be two main visit types in the Lake Men’s Health Center – the Annual Health Review and the Acute Care Visit.
Annual Health Review
We believe the Annual Health Review (AHR) to be the most important interaction that patients should be having with us. This is an unrushed review and reconciliation of health issues, medications, important immunizations and other healthcare recommendations that will help prevent disease. Because this is an extensive and comprehensive visit, it should be scheduled in advance.
Prior to the AHR, you will come by the office at your convenience to have your blood drawn. By the time your appointment arrives, the blood work will already be processed and the results available to us during our visit.
During the AHR, we will perform a thorough physical exam, review all blood work and/or x-rays, and perform education and counseling about any health threats you may have. We will update your electronic health record and make sure it is accurate and complete in the event it becomes necessary to provide your record to you or other physicians. The AHR is provided to you at no additional charge; it is part of your membership benefit. This review will not be charged to your insurance company, nor will you pay any additional fee for this service.
Acute Care Visit
In the event you have any medical issue that requires a solution, we are here for you. You choose how you wish to interact with us. Choices include:
Telephone: If you call the clinic, our staff will answer the phone; there will be no voicemails, menus or recordings. If you wish to speak to Dr. Chastain or Todd, they will get on the phone if available. If not, our staff will schedule a return phone call for you.
- Email: Epic MyChart provides a secure option to send a question to Dr. Chastain, Todd or our staff. We’ll get back to you by the end of the clinic day.
- Text: Sometimes all that is needed is a request for an appointment slot. Why not send us a text request for an appointment or other question? We’ll get back to you quickly with your answer. Note: because texting is not secure, we do not recommend sending detailed medical questions by text.
- Online Scheduling: It is simple to schedule your visit with us online. Just like you pick your seat on an airplane, you can choose your appointment date and time online or on your mobile phone by using the MyChart app on your mobile device or computer. No need to call, just show up at your scheduled appointment time.
- Video Visit: WebEx is a widely used HIPPAA compliant video conferencing tool that can be used to interact with us. When a visit requires “eyes” like looking at a mole, or a rash, etc. — there may be no need to actually come to the office. We can see it on video and take care of you.
- Drop-In: Although we would certainly prefer scheduling a specific time with you, situations arise when you are near the office and just need a quick fix. We’re happy to accommodate the drop-in visit if that is what is most convenient for you. Please be aware that there may be a wait time for unscheduled visits, as scheduled patients will take priority.
Executive Wellness Exam
The Executive Wellness Exam has been part of our program since 2002 and is the most comprehensive medical screening exam available today. This three hour exam includes extended one-on-one time with Dr. Chastain, additional diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular screening and a colonoscopy. This exam can be substituted for the standard annual exam for an additional fee.
Members also have the option to purchase additional testing such as Coronary Calcium Score, CT Angiography and screening PET CT scan. These tests are instrumental in the early detection of disease and can be scheduled by our staff for you. These tests are typically not reimbursed by insurance, but can be significantly discounted with your membership.
Additional lab testing including detailed lipid analysis for cardiovascular screening, cancer screening tests and even genetic testing can be purchased as additional services.