Specialized Care for Adult Sleep
Our Lady of the Lake Sleep Center’s coordinated and comprehensive services are devoted specifically to offer sleep disorders treatments for patients who are unable to sleep or who are chronically sleepy.
How much sleep is enough?
The amount of sleep each person needs is as individual as their personality and can be affected by age, activity, diet, time of day, medications, general health, emotional status and genetics. Enough sleep is the amount of time you need to stay awake and alert at all points during the day until near bedtime. Patients often will not complain of sleep-related behaviors, but their consequences may include loss of energy, fatigue, memory lapses, difficulty in concentrating or decreased sex drive.
The experts at the Our Lady of the Lake Sleep Center recognize that sleep is an essential aspect of daily life. When you are well rested, you feel refreshed, alert and ready to face daily challenges. When you don’t sleep well, you put your job, relationships, productivity, health and safety at risk.
Our experienced professionals take a comprehensive approach to sleep disorders — providing consultation, evaluation, treatment and thorough follow-up care.
Download and complete the Epworth Sleepiness Scale form and bring it with you to your appointment.
Conditions and procedures treated by our sleep specialists include:
Tests and Procedures
- Apnea of prematurity
- Central Sleep Apnea
- Chest Wall and Neuromuscular Disorders
- Chronic Cough or Wheeze
- Chronic Lung Disease of Prematurity
- Ciliary Dyskinesia
- Congenital Airway Anomalies
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Narcolepsy and other Disorders of Excessive Sleepiness
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Periodic Limb Movements of Sleep
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Recurrent Pneumonia
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Shift Work Sleep Disorder
- Sleep-wake Rhythm Disorders
- Stridor/Noisy Breathing
- Trach/Vent Management
- Apnea Monitor Interpretation
- Bronchoprovocation Testing with Mannitol
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing
- Ciliary Biopsy
- Diffusion Capacity
- Home Sleep Test
- Lung Volumes
- Multiple Sleep Latency Testing
- Oxygen Saturation Study Interpretation
- Therapeutic Whole Lung Lavage