About Electronic Health Records
A New Approach to Better Manage Your Health
At Our Lady of the Lake Physician Group, you’ll be connected to the things you need to live a long and healthy life — like our new Electronic Health Record system provided by Epic, a top rated EHR software.
This leading edge technology puts us at the forefront of healthcare delivery. And you reap the benefits.
What is an electronic health record (EHR)?
- Electronic charts created and accessed through the computer
- Your health information at providers’ fingertips
- Enhanced care by allowing better communication among multiple providers
How does EHR work?
- Computers — instead of paper charts — are used to securely store your health record.
- Your health information is instantly available, right in the exam rooms, to doctors and specialists at any of our medical centers and other healthcare community partners.
- Your personal information is protected by safeguards to ensure only the appropriate people have access to just the information they need to provide your care.
- Your secure health record is connected to functions like requesting and reviewing appointments and billing.
What are the benefits of EHR?
- Personalized care and real time decision making
- Faster prescriptions
- Quick and convenient test results
- Secure and fully protected privacy
- Access to MyChart, an online patient portal
How will EHR benefit you specifically?
- You’ll receive personalized care based on your medical history.
- You can get prescriptions, lab and X-ray results and referrals faster.
- You can form a stronger partnership with your doctor, reviewing information like test results and treatment plans together during your visits.
- Drug allergies, abnormal test results and treatment conflicts will be flagged by the system.
- The privacy of your health information will be fully protected.
When will OLOL Physician Group start to use the new EHR?
OLOLPG will begin to use EHR in the Fall of 2012.